Power Japan Plus Reveals a Long-lasting and Safer Battery Made From Carbon.
Power Japan Plus has recently launched a new battery technology dubbed the Ryden dual carbon battery. This unique battery offers energy density that can be compared to a lithium ion battery, but with a much longer functional lifespan with drastically improved safety and cradle-to-cradle sustainability. The Ryden better utilizes a completely unique chemistry, with both the anode and the cathode made of carbon.
“The Ryden dual carbon battery balances this equation, excelling in each category.”
“Power Japan Plus is a materials engineer for a new class of carbon material that balances economics, performance and sustainability in a world of constrained resources,” said Dou Kani, CEO of Power Japan Plus. “The Ryden dual carbon battery is the energy storage breakthrough needed to bring green technology like electric vehicles to mass market.”
The Ryden battery balances a thickness that consumers have demanded for previously and has been unattainable by single batter chemistry, which includes performance, cost, reliability, safety and sustainability.
- High Performance: energy dense and charges 20 times faster than lithium ion batteries. It is also more powerful than other advanced batteries, operating above four volts.
- Cost Competitive: slots directly into existing manufacturing processes, requiring no change to existing manufacturing lines. Even more, the battery allows for consolidation of the supply chain, with only one active material carbon. Additionally, manufacturing of the Ryden battery is under no threat of supply disruption or price spikes from rare metals, rare earth or heavy metals.
- Reliable: first ever high performance battery that meets consumer lifecycle demand, rated for more than 3,000 charge/discharge cycles.
- Safe: safest high performance battery chemistry ever developed. The Ryden battery eliminates the unstable active material used in other high performance batteries, greatly reducing fire and explosion hazard. Even more, the battery experiences minimal thermal change during operation, eliminating the threat of a thermal runaway. Finally, the Ryden battery can be 100 percent charged and discharged with no damage to the battery.
- Sustainable: contains no rare metals, rare earth metals or heavy metals, and is 100 percent recyclable, vastly improving the cradle-to-cradle sustainability of an advanced battery. Even further, Power Japan Plus is testing the Ryden battery with its organic Carbon Complex material, working towards the goal of producing the battery with all organic carbon in the future.
“Current advanced batteries have made great improvement on performance, but have done so by compromising on cost, reliability and safety,” said Dr. Kaname Takeya, CTO of Power Japan Plus. “The Ryden dual carbon battery balances this equation, excelling in each category.”
Powe Japan Plus will being to benchmark the production of 18650 Ryden cells sometime later this year, at the company’s production facility in Okinawa, Japan. This facility will allow the company to meed their demands for specialty energy storage markets such as medical devices and satellites. For much larger industry demands, such as electric vehicles, Power Japan Plus shall operate under a licensing business model, providing technology and expertise towards existing battery manufacturers to produce the Ryden battery.