Inaugural China Sourcing Fairs Launches in Jakarta.
Global Sources‘ inaugural China Sourcing Fairs opened in Indonesia today with the largest ever selection of China suppliers at any trade show in the country. The Fairs run from Aug. 7 to 9 at the Jakarta International Expo featuring more than 350 booths from quality Greater China suppliers of consumer electronics, garments and textiles, hardware and building materials.
All three China Sourcing Fairs are showcasing the largest selection of China suppliers at any sourcing event in Indonesia. The Fairs are:
- China Sourcing Fair: Electronics
- China Sourcing Fair: Garments & Textiles
- China Sourcing Fair: Hardware & Building Materials
The events also feature a selection of South Korean manufacturers at the co-located Korea Sourcing Fair.
Major buyers pre-registered to attend the shows include 3M Indonesia, adidas Sourcing Limited, Bakrie Telecom, PT. ACE Hardware Indonesia, Tbk., PT. Berca Global Access, PT Emporium Indonesia, PT. Home Center Indonesia, PT. LG Electronic Display Devices Indonesia, PT. Lion Super Indo, PT Nokia Siemens Networks, PT Wellcomm, and Sinar Mas Land, among many others.
“Indonesia is the ASEAN’s largest economy with a population of 245 million and a growing middle class population set to reach 150 million in 2014,” said Spenser Au, CEO of Global Sources. “It is also the gateway to trade with Southeast Asian markets with 600 million consumers where the ASEAN region is expected to enjoy a 5 percent economic growth in 2014.”
“Facing bright prospects for future growth, mainland China and Indonesian leaders are working to achieve $80 billion in bilateral trade by 2015.”
Officially opening the shows today were:
- Chen Liangxian, Mayor, Zhongshan Municipal People’s Government, the People’s Republic of China
- Xu He, Deputy Mayor, Chaozhou Municipal People’s Government, the People’s Republic of China
- Rudy Salahuddin, Director of Promotion Development, Investment Coordinating Board, the Republic of Indonesia
- Khafifah Any, Assistant Deputy Governor of Industry, Provincial Government of Jakarta, the Republic of Indonesia
- Qiu Zhaoxian, Vice President, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Guangdong Committee
- Fan Yina, Attache, the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Republic of Indonesia
- Buchari Hasnil Bakar, Consul, Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Guangzhou, the People’s Republic of China
- Yusuf Hamdani, Chairman and Secretary of Commerce and Industry Committee, Indonesian Guangzhao Association
- Halim Jusuf, Vice Chairman, China Committee of Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Kim Moo-han, Senior Executive Managing Director, Korea International Trade Association
- Spenser Au, CEO, Global Sources
The Fairs feature pavilions from the cities of Zhongshan, Chaozhou, and other parts of mainland China.
The Fairs are well supported by a number of mainland China provincial and municipal organizations and other associations, which include:
- Zhongshan Municipal People’s Government
- Chaozhou Municipal People’s Government
- Department of Commerce, Guangdong Province
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Guangdong Committee
- Zhongshan Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation
- Chaozhou Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation
- Jiangmen Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation
The Fairs are also well supported by Indonesian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Jakarta Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Indonesian Retail Merchants Association, China Chamber of Commerce inIndonesia, and Korea International Trade Association.
With more than four decades’ track record of facilitating trade between Asia and the rest of the world, Global Sources is committed to helping quality suppliers in Asia and Greater China reach and sell to global buyers through its highly successful China Sourcing Fair series.
Opening times for the China Sourcing Fairs in Jakarta are:
- Aug. 7-8 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Aug. 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
More details about the China Sourcing Fairs in Jakarta, Indonesia are available at http://www.chinasourcingfair.com/indonesia.